How can one with herpes simplex contain the intense facial pain with jamming in the jaws and ears ?

Prognosis of Herpes simplex - how to contain the pain ? I have been on treatment for cold sores (herpes simplex) with famciclovir (500mg thrice a day), paracetamol 1000mg four times a day, anti-allergic tablet thrice/day, acyclovir ointment for last 4 days now and the overall problem has been around for 6 days. The spread has been contained I think, but I am still in bad pain...and my jaws and ear still feel jammed, the entire right side of my face till temple region feels painful. I want to know how the pain in the jaw and ear is not going away ? What is the prognosis I can expect from here ? Any blood tests I should do ? Is there a better pain killer I should try ? Please help.
Asked On : Mon, 9 Apr 2012