How can one regulate the irregular periods ?

how can one regulate the irregular periods...i am 32 yrs old unmarried and my tests are normal
Asked On : Tue, 5 Jul 2011
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
Firstly your gynaecologist needs to examine you for any problems in the reproductive tract. After that you may be started on Combined OC pills which usually work best in regularising cycles.
you should take the hormonal tablet like malan or malad type of hormonal tablets .other than one of the family planning method , it regulates the menstruation. you should start on the fifth day of period upto 21 days then no tablets upto should take it for 3months.
General & Family Physician Dr. P. Mahesh's  Response
Welcome to HCM.
Since you are unmarried and all your tests are normal, it is unnecessary to regularise the periods. Let the periods come whenever they want. Don't invite them. There is no harm if the periods are irregular. We need to regularise the period only for conceiving.
The hormones that you take to regularise the period may cause hormonal imbalance and heavy bleeding.
Best is to leave it as it is. Only condition in which you need to consult a gynecologist is when there is heavy flow.
All the best.