How can one get rid of mental abuse?

My four grown children say my husband is a mental abuser and that he is abusing both my one grown son who moved back in with us about two months ago and myself. I know for a fact he is mentally abusing my son, glaring eyes, getting on his back (when I am not around). Telling him he is useless because he is having trouble getting a job. How can I stop this and how do I know he is abusing me. We have been married 40 years, I do not know what to do.
Asked On : Wed, 30 Jan 2013

Welcome to HealthcareMagic Forum

Your husband is not happy with your son, which is leading to adjustment problem between him and your son. As a mother, you can discuss about difficulties faced by your son, with your husband.

Try to find out problem which is leading to adjustment problems, like not getting job is one of the problem. After findings start working on solutions of problems and involve your husband actively in problem solving.

Sometime stress, anxiety and depression may also lead to irritable behavior, in that expert like psychiatrist help may be needed.

Wish you Good Health and all the best.

Dr. Ashish Mittal