How can one avoid ectopic pregnancy in the next one ?

hi , i m singh. my wife ( 28yrs.) she had an ectopical pregnency operation. so how can we avoid that problem in future
Asked On : Sat, 23 Jul 2011
Hi,thanks for query.I am sorry there is no precaution on your part that can prevent this in future.Avoid pregnancy for at least 4-6 months at present,then go for it.Keep in contact with your doctor from early pregnancy so that it can be diagnosed in time.I hope routine tests are done.
wishing you good health.
OBGYN Dr. Rakhi Tayal's  Response
Ectopic pregnancy is something which is difficult to avoid. If the fertilised egg gets lodged in the tubes and starts growing there it is called ectopic pregnancy. We cannot regulate the travel of fertilised through the fallopian tube.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal