How can my itchy keloid be cured ?

Sir/Madam, Due to a Bike accident 5 yrs ago, I got few Keloid. One is in right Shoulder skin . Its itching frequently. Should I go for operation, will it re-occur after operation. Is the operation Minor / Major. Thanks, Pabitra, Pune
Asked On : Thu, 11 Aug 2011
hi Pabitra,
Keloids are known to recur. At present intra keloid injection of steroid is considered the treatment of choice. Its a minor procedure administered in Out patient basis. any excision is likely to recur. Hope that answers the question
General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
Thanks for query,
Keloid has tendency to re-occur.
Take surgeon opinion before going surgery.
Ok and bye.
General & Family Physician Dr. Padma Saikia's  Response
Hi Pabitra,Welcome to hcm.
This is risky, because cutting a keloid can trigger the formation of a similar or even larger keloid. Some surgeons achieve success by injecting steroids or applying pressure dressings to the wound site after cutting away the keloid.Consult a surgeon, let him examine and then you can dacide after discussing with him further.