How can i stop my periods ?

Hi I am not interested in giving birth and want to adopt. I was wondering if there was any operation or pills I could take to stop me having my periods. I am 14, have never given birth, I have no illnesses and have had my periods for around 3.5 year. Can you help?
Asked On : Thu, 27 Jan 2011
Welcome to HealthcareMagic forum.
You are too young right now to take such a big decision of your life.Still if you persist, no pills will help you. Only hysterectomy is the answer.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal
What is hysterectomy exactly? I've known for years that I want to adopt 'why go through so much pain when you can make a child happy?" I always say. Because I'm still at school I find it difficult to do PE during my period and the job I want to do involves physical activity, I just don't know how I would cope in the future, that's why I want to stop my period.
  Anonymous's Response
I agree with Dr. Rakhi Tayal that you're way too young to make such a big decision right now. A hysterectomy is a surgery to remove your uterus. Pretty sure you have to be a certain age to get that done and it's not that easy to get it either.