How can i get relief from lower abdomen pain mostly on left side ?

Im experiencing pain in my lower abdomen once in a while fo Female, age 67, I am taking cholestrol and thyroid prescription. I have been experiencing pain in the lower abdomen, mostly on the left side. I have been having this for several weeks, starting when I get up in the morning and moving around a little, making my bed seems to be when it starts and just walking around. When I walk up the stairs (18), I experience the pain and am completely out of breath . Also whenI carry groceries two or three at a time up the stairs.
Asked On : Tue, 21 Jun 2011