It's a difficult thing. There are things you can do, often you will have to force yourself to get up and do them. Some ideas are:
- Be with family & friends; the ones that care about you the most will help you the most
- Stay active; when you're active your mind is on what you're doing; don't mope around dewelling on the past
- Take on a new hobby or extra work
- Get a new pet; pets are great companions and can make you feel better because of their unconditional, no strings attached love
- Meet new people; who knows maybe you'll find a new and better romance
Time is the Great Healer. As time passes old wounds heal. Sometimes there are scars
. The scars too will fade with the passing of time. It is up to you whether the ticking of the clock is a quick cadence marching forward to the future or the slow pounding beat of rain driving in a stormy past.
Smile, the world is watching to see how you handle this.