How can gout on the fingers be treated?

I am told that I have gout. my fingers are swollen and I cannot bend or manipulate them very well. At first I was on prednisone but that only made me fat (which I have not lost the 30 pounds that I gained). Then he took me off prednisone and on allipurinol. That has not helped and he added cymbalta. That also has not helped. The only thing that has worked is Duexis, which cannot be taken on a regular basis due to the damage of the liver (or kidney) What would you recommend?
Asked On : Thu, 6 Jul 2017
Hi
Thank you for asking HCM
I have gone through your query. At acute gout period you need to take NSAIDs like indomethacin. Avoid high purine foods like red meat, organ meats etc and alchol. Once acute attack is over then you can switch on to uricosuric drugs like Febuxostat.
Thanks.