How can constipation be treated ? I had a kidney transplantation done

I had kidney transplant in dec 2009 and doing well in all parameters. My creatine has been 1.0 to 1.1 in the last 12 months with Hb 14. My only problem is GI disturbance. either I have frequent motions ( 3 to 4 per day ) or constipation with little discomfort. I have not gained any weight probably last 2 kgs over last one year period. Could you plz suggest how can i handle this issue. my nephrologist asks to to ignore since every other parametere is with in normal limits. My glucose levels and Bp are normal mostly. My pangraf blood levels have been always high even on a current dose of 2.5mg per day. Plz advise.
Asked On : Mon, 27 Dec 2010