How can an earache in an infant be treated ?

Infant with ear ache My son seems to have a ear ache . His got no fever and throat seems fine anything to do or look out for.
Asked On : Tue, 7 Feb 2012
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response
Hello. Welcome to HCM:
You have not mentioned your son's age. The causes of earache in children are usually related to upper sinunasal tract infections which will lead to congestion of the middle ear cavity. Make sure, there is no foreign body/ insect by getting an ear examination. Sometimes however, earache may precede development of sore throat by a day or two. So, you can take precautionary conservative measures like sips of warm water whenever the child is thirsty. If the pain is still not relieved, you should get an otoscopic examination by otolaryngologist
ENT Specialist Dr. Sreenivas's  Response
an infant with earache - the causes could be varied from an insect bite to infection, please review with an ENT surgeon