How can a person with dry skin get rid of red dots on the legs ?

hi doctors.. I am a 14 years old female, and i think i might have some skin problems . i have a few of red dots on my legs and thighs. they do not itch or hurt. most of them are flat and only some of them are raised, and only a little. the dots are about this big -- *. some of them are visible and some are not, but they are red. they are not pimples and i do not have pimples (on my face or anywhere). my parents do not have them. by the way, i have really dry skin , and there are times where i m too lazy to apply lotion or creme. is that the cause of the red dots ? - my legs are not like covered entirely by the dots, there are about 10 - 20 on each leg. i had them since i was about 10, they don t bother me then but it does bother me now. it s winter/spring now and i really want them to go away because it s almost summar. so can you tell me what are the dots on my legs and why i have them, and also how to cure them.
Asked On : Sat, 9 Apr 2011