How can a person differentiate between amniotic fluid leak and normal urination during pregnancy ?

My daughter-in-law is due on 2/28. Had a pelvic at her last Dr. Apt. last Thurs. was dialated to a 1 and 60% efaced. On Sat. she fell on the ice, went immed. to the hospital. Was monitored, did blood work, sonogram and a pelvic exam. Said all looked well. Just talked to her and she said twice today she felt a small amount of leekage, but it was not urine. Should she be concerned or call her OB?
Asked On : Wed, 9 Feb 2011
Yes,do it.there could be beginning of membranes rupture which covers the opening.This is a minor leaking but in my opinion examination is needed.Sometimes this may precede onset of labor pain.this could be independent of episode of fall.