How can I treat scars on leg ?

hi doctor.. i m 21 yrs old.. i have scars on leg.. how to remove the scars??? and also i want to glow my skin .. what kind of cream i may use???
Asked On : Thu, 16 Feb 2012
here you have 2 questions
Ans 1.Scar revision are based on types of scar. if it is superficial than go for topical treatmnets (like retinoic acids) with minor OT procedures like dermaroller, dermabration or chemical peelings.
if scar is deep with pigmentation thn the best technique is scar revision surgeries which is done by dermatosurgeon or plastic surgeon.
scar can ne minimized or revisied, can not be removed. so now the term scar removal is replaced by revision.
Ans 2 , well the glow of skin comes from the skin colour, surface (dry, oily) and conture. a combined effort like exercise, use cleansers insteed of soaps, apply proper moisturizers and regular inspection of skin can make a healthy and young skin.
hope it will help u

Internal Medicine Specialist Dr. Geeta Sundar's  Response
Hi welcome to HCM. Scars can be removed slowly by using whitfield ointment that will slowly do away with them. If you are in a hurry you can go to a cosmetic skin specialist who will treat you with either cryo(liquid nitrogen at sub zero temoerature--if it is raised) or laser to resurface your skin and remove the scar.
For a glowing skin, oil massage daily with any edible oil before your bath, and eat a balanced meal with special emphasis on nuts (assorted--8-10 pieces), fruits (five helpings a day), mixed salads (a bowl), mixed sprouts(a cup full) plenty of cooked vegetables,skimmed milk and buttermilk-three cups each, whole cereals, pulses and legumes. And do remember to exercise --5000 steps a day or any exercise of your choice an hour a day. It will work better than any cream!