How can I treat my split ends without cutting my hair ?

i am 21 years old. Belonging from a sikh family i cannot cut my hair ,so can u tell me how to treat spilt ends?
Asked On : Mon, 11 Apr 2011
Hi !
First understand the reasons by which it is happening and remove that like:
Dry scalp -use oil I have written below.
Exposure to extreme temperature and chemical products like relaxers and hair colour.
Lack of nourishment-take balanced diet containing enough of protein.
Excessive drying-donot use dryers.
Vigorous brushing and backcombing esp when it is still wet.
watch out for shampoo u are using.use herbal protein shampoo like one of himalaya's.
Mix well 1 teaspoon of castor oil, mustard oil and olive oil. Massage the scalp for atleast 30mins and apply it to the full length of hair. Cover the head with a hot towel later
Washyour hair after every workout or strenuous exercise, as due to perspiration the salt will erode your hair.
Hope this will solve your problem.
Dermatologist Dr. Gaurav Patel's  Response
apply almond oil more at tip.
dont wash too frequently your hair.
take diet rich in protein
take tab rich in biotin