How can I treat depression ?

Respected doctor, I am an MBBS doctor going to pursue MD .I have gone through a divorce and my second marriage like my first my husband is having affair with another woman.I have a copy of their chat.Now my problem is that I am extremely irritable and humiliated .I getting easily angry and sometimes I feel like crying .Is it depression what should i do?
Asked On : Thu, 15 Mar 2012
Dear Madam

The adverse condition you went and going through is really very difficult to tackle with to most of us. Though it is easy to give advise but very difficult to follow.I don't know what you have decided for future. If you want to continue with current relationship then it is better to accept the reality and workout how this relationship can be improved for betterment. You can discuss the matter with your near and dear one if you are comfortable and confident as it is a social/ familial issue.

Being irritable and feeling humiliated is quite natural in such situation. Since you are having a fighting spirit learned out of these adverse life condition you will recover soon and it is matter of time. If you are having sleep/ appetite problem, concentration difficulty, fatigues, hopelessness, pessimistic thought then better consult qualified psychiatrist. For your condition combination of psychotherapy and medication may be a good option.

Some tips that may be helpful are- Cultivate supportive relationships(Turn to trusted friends and family members,Try to keep up with social activities even if you don’t feel like it), Challenge negative thinking (Think outside yourself,Allow yourself to be less than perfect,Socialize with positive people,Keep a “negative thought log"), Take care of yourself (Aim for 8 hours of sleep,Expose yourself to a little sunlight every day,Keep stress in check,Practice relaxation techniques),Get regular exercise, Eat a healthy, mood-boosting diet.
Cardiologist, Interventional Dr. (Prof.) Subroto Mandal's  Response
first of all dont feel humiliated, becoz u have done nothing wrong. some time we get irritated, anger becoz of situation around us. but problem is that when we get irritated we do loss to ourself.
secondly dont get depressed, many people gone through the phase of DIVORCE, and again they have got an extremely GOOD life and PARTNER. as far as ur husband, try to understand him what xactly he want ????
remember one thing everything has a SOLUTION give some time.
our life goes as per our interest
depends whats ur GOAL or interest ??? is it good career, good life, good husband, good partner. everybody has the right and blessed to have a good life partner and god has done that, only we have to SET OUR PRIORITY.

u can take a consultation with Psychologist about ur family LIFE, or keep in touch.
definite will get an better answer
i hope n wish u will get a GOOD n CARING LIFE PARTNER, HEALTHY KIDS and a PEACEFUL life.