How can I treat depression without medication and counselling ?

I think I may be depressed but I definitely do not have the money to see a psychiatrist . I don't want my parents to know right now. What should I do? I am a 19 year old female. I get really sad out of nowhere all the time. I sometimes feel useless or worthless. When I start to feel like this I feel very lost and confused. I have lost track of exactly how long this has been going on.
Asked On : Tue, 19 Apr 2011

Please feel free to make use of this forum for dealing with the emotional problems you are going through.

If you feel comfortable, you can write more details about your problems in this thread itself. If not, you can send me an email directly through this page - I will be happy to help you as I can.

Warm regards,
Dr. Saifuddin Kharawala