How can I treat a circular flaky red spot on my forearm near my elbow which has turned weepy and swollen red after self medication ?

47 and female, Three weeks ago i noticed a circular flaky red spot on my forearm near my elbow, thinking possible ringworm , I used tolfaltate (self diagnosing) purchased it at Whole Foods. I covered it with a bandage (which I learned was a mistake) and it was getting better, but still red after aprox. 3 weeks, went skiing, the constant rubbing over the bandage from my shirt irritated it. I immediately stopped the faithful use of the medicine. I took off bandage, cleaned it and last night and all day it is weeping and swollen and red. Should I use some polysporin? aloe vera? garlic poultice? (ouch). A warm compress? My concern is that maybe it is staph... I much prefer natural remedies.
Asked On : Sun, 9 Jan 2011