How can I taper down Efexor XR 75mg ?

Hi How do you taper down Efexor XR 75mg? Can you start to skip one day a week?
Asked On : Sun, 13 Mar 2011
Thanks for the question
Efexor XR 75mg contains venlafexine which is an SNRI group of antidepressant. If this is stopped suddenly it may cause discontinuation syndrome. Hence it has to be tapered slowly. Rate of tapering varies from patient to patient and depend on patients clinical status. However, usually this is tapered by 25% every 2 weeks to avoid any features of discontinuation syndrome. If, still the discontinuation symptoms appear, you have to be even slower. Hope I have answered your query, “Wish you Good Health and speedy recovery”