How can I strengthen my weak thigh muscles caused due to left hip congenital joint and also reduce weight ?

i am a male 57 yrs and 85 Kg. lately have started feeling difficulty in walking. I get normal answers from physicians like over weight and age factor. Not able to do some exercise as was born with a Left Hip Congenital Joint where i also feel some pressure while walking because of short leg ( ~ 1 ) I am using a stick to walk. Have no pain in hip joint or even in Muscles but just get tired aftewalking about 20 meters. Will basically be looking for some serious advise on weight reduction and Mussles strengthening. any suggestions / medication will be of great value
Asked On : Fri, 4 Mar 2011