How can I stop my 4 yr old from touching her private parts ?

help my 4 year old daugter has started touching/rubbing her private parts. she does it all the time, i tell her off but she just doesnt listen. is it normal???
Asked On : Tue, 15 Feb 2011
hello anonymous,
the complaints you have mentioned about your daughter looks like she is having infection or she is scratching her private parts due to poor hygiene.
i would advise you to give her regular bath and if you find any infection consult a pediatrician regarding the same.
please dont be anxious about this.
consult a pediatrician and if it is felt that she is doing so with our any organic cause then her behaviour can be modified by teaching her.
wishing you good health
take care