How can I slow down or stop my heart rate?

I assure you im not trying to kill myself. but is there a good way to stop My Heart Rate ?
Asked On : Fri, 11 Dec 2009
Yes, there is a good way to do this and while it may not work the first time, all it takes is concentration. I'm not sure about the "meditation speeding up your heart beat" thing, but, focusing on your heartbeat during meditation will slow it down, if you specifically will it. It'll take a lot of focus, a bit of time, and maybe a few practice times. You'll get the hang of it, and a valuable skill - self control. The mind controls the body, you control your mind. Good luck =D Edit: I felt like expanding on the process =D Get comfy - sit up or lie down, if you're sure you won't fall asleep. Start by breathing normally, then, with each breath, take longer pauses between exhaling and inhaling. You'll want to reach the point where you honestly believe you cannot breath any more slowly, but get there gradually. While doing this, just simlpy focus on your intent, picture it in your head.