How can I safely stop amitriptyline 75 mg ?

I am currently taking 75mg of Amitriptyline and I would like to stop in the next month or two. How can safely stop?
Asked On : Wed, 29 Jun 2011
Let your psychiatrist help you taper and stop the medicine as you do not want precipitation of your symptoms due to abrupt stopping of your medication. It should be possible to stop the medicine in 2 months time ideally if there are no problems. But I would still suggest some expert supervision in the tapering period.

Hi Dear
Please take the help of a psychotherapist during this period of tapering your medicine.take atleast 2 months for that.
Leave that to a psychiatrist.
Good Luck!