How can I resume normal periods ? Is regestrone harmful in any way ?

I have been having irregular periods for the first time in my life after having an attempted pregnancy . Now times the bleeding does not stop completely after the first delayed period. I consulted a doctor and the gynaec had prescribed the following tablets : Regestrone 5mg -- 2 time daily for 3 weeks After 1 week of taking the above tablets my bleeding has not completely stopped. I started getting brown discharge in very less quantity even while taking Regestrone. During this period my blood discharge is now is a semi clot form along with 2 or 3 drops of red blood(similar to the one we get during periods). Even after getting brown discharge and some drops of blood I have not stopped regestrone. The brown discharge and the blood has not yet stopped. Will my periods retain to their regular cycles after complete stopping of this discharge? Is regestrone a harmful drug in any manner?
Asked On : Sun, 20 Mar 2011