How can I restore the appetite of my husband post surgery and also he is not able to move his one arm ?

My husband has not eaten well since his pancreas- kidney transplant two months ago. No eating problems prior to surgery. After surgery, food does not taste or smell right. He gets sick to his stomach and has anxiety when it is time to eat. He lost 40 pounds in less than two months. He is 5 11 and weighs 153 pounds. He used to be near 200 pounds. Every bite is a challenge. Feeding tubes didn t work, as they kept falling out. How do we restore his appetite and help him to eat well again? He consumes barely 1,000 cal a day. At age 46, and almost 6 feet tall, this is not enough. Could it be the result of the anesthesia still working its way out of his body? Anyone ever heard of this. By the way, one of his arms is also not working right. Could this be related? Similar parts of the brain , maybe?
Asked On : Mon, 18 Jul 2011