How can I remove this black spot at the sides of my lips ?

i used a gel to remove pimples . it dried my skin and developed some kind of black spot at the sides of my lips.. how do i remove that?
Asked On : Mon, 11 Apr 2011
Welcome To HealthcareMagic forum,

Is the black spot exactly at the place where you had applied the gel.If it is so then probably the gel was too strong or irritant to cause a irritant reaction and has lead to a post inflammatory pigmentation .In that case just wait for few days till it resolves on its own .If not then apply a mild steroid cream with antibiotic cream for just 2 days over the spot .Also use a good sunscreen over the lesions in day time.Gradually the spot will go away.
Dermatologist Dr. Bharat Chawda's  Response
kindly avoid any home remedy..that might irritate the skin further.