How can I remove the acne pick scars ?

i am 16 years old boy.i am suffering acne for four my face is full of scars.can help me to make skin smooth as there many acne ice picks scars????
Asked On : Tue, 12 Apr 2011
Welcome To HealthcareMagic forum,

If you are still getting acne it is important get it treated first and then go for scars.
If you have black spots on face due to acne then chemical peel is the best .Its a very short procedure which helps in exfoliating your skin gradually.It is done by a dermatologist where in a chemical (like glycolic acid or salycylic acid) is used over face and then washed off after 3-5 minutes.Regular use of sun screen is must.
If you have pits or ice pick scars then you have two options depending upon the availability in your city.One is laser resurfacing where in lasers like co2 ,erbium laser or fractional laser is used .Other is Dermaroller where a instrument is used which has fine needles is rolled over the skin to cause minimal bleeding .This in turn causes collagen remodeling which help in filling up of the scars.This requires multiple sittings for good result.
A combination of dermaroller and chemical peel can also be taken .So discuss these points with your dermatologist and take treatment accordingly.But remember ,ice pick scars are very difficult to treat even though new lasers have come for the same.

If you can tell me where you belong to ,then probably i can suggest you a good place for lasers and peels.