How can I reduce pain caused due to degenerative joint disease of spine ?

not sure where to start...for one thing I had a MRI/ CT scan back on 10/14/08 & the findings were as is: Degenerative joint disease of the lumbar spine Multiple broad based disc protrusions from L1 to S1 Foraminal Stenosis Arachnoiditis Hemangioma on lower thoracic and lumbar spine Degenerative joint disease of the dorsal spine Multiple mild disc protrusions from T8 to T12 with encroachment of the thecal sac Broken L3 vertebrae.......... I have had excruciating pain for over two years now, I have no feeling in my feet ( I do somewhat have deep sensation ), I finally filed for disability , I have been on MIA medical insurance through Kern Medical Center here in California...I am lucky to be prescribed Vicodin 7.5/500 one every eight hours & Soma three times a day. The meds barely take the edge off of my pain, not to mention I have become so immune to the Vicodin I am taking two at a time every four to five hours ( thank God for my Mother that has Vicodin from past surgeries), & even then I have breakthrough pain in three hours, I feel the doctors have been negligent about the nerve damage that is continuing to happen with every day that passes, not to mention their lack of being sensitive to my severe and constant pain that has totally changed my life. I can hardly even take a shower without completely crying the whole time because of my pain as I wash myself. I am not one to complain but I am seriously at the end of my rope and I find it hard to even enjoy anything in life. If I laugh I have tremendous pain, if I open my mouth to eat I get an excruciating amount of pain (seriously!!) if I step a certain way the pain hits me so bad that I see stars so to speak ( I think I get close to passing out ) Well so much for my pity party, I just don t know what to do or where to go and I am sure I have scared the heck out of you but could you give a 49 year old female some kind of hope here? I wouldn t even know where you could start.
Asked On : Mon, 13 Dec 2010