How can I reduce my weight ?

HI DOCTOR , am female 23yrs old got married and have kid also i dont why am putting weight pls help me now am 87 kgs how to reduce it
Asked On : Tue, 12 Jul 2011
Hi hinduhari,

Welcome to HCM.
Body size is for the most part decided by genetic factors.
Usually women tend to put on weight after delivery. Many factors are involved in this. One of the factors being high protein diet consumed by the women immediately after delivery according to the local custom, which varies from region to region, but generally emphasis is to give extra protein, vitamins, fat and minerals to the lady so that she can nourish her child properly.
Best method to reduce weight is to control our diet, regulating fat, protein and carbohydrate intake and supplementing meals with lots of green uncooked or boiled vegetables and restricting all fried food items.