How can I prevent my self from diabetes ?

Hi doctor,am33yrs old,how can I prevent my self from diabetes
Asked On : Mon, 6 Jun 2011
without any prior symptoms or genetic effects or heriditory cause there is no need to worry at all
then also
regular walking and exercise will do enough for you to prevent from diabetes

all the best
Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Aashish Raghu's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
Good Day
To prevent Diabetes, you must first ensure if you are at risk. If anyone in your family, your parents, your relatives have Diabetes, you may also be at risk. You must avoid high carbohydrate diet like excess rice, idlis, dosas, high fat and sweet content like in Indian sweets. Avoid junk food, colas at any cost. Eat plenty of fruits and green leafy vegetables. Exercise daily by brisk walking or jogging for atleast 40 minutes everyday. Get your blood pressure and blood glucose estimated regularly. You will be able to avoid Diabetes with the following steps if followed properly.