How can I prevent kidney stones ?

how can I prevent kidney stones, my dad has got kidney stones, I am scared that it may come to me also.
Asked On : Fri, 16 Oct 2009
Most kidney stones, given time, will pass on their own, and treatment is directed towards symptom control. we should be instructed to consume oral fluids. Ibuprofen can be used as an anti-inflammatory agent, and if further pain medication is needed, contacting the primary care provider may allow stronger narcotic pain medication to be prescribed...
Remaining well hydrated and keeping the urine dilute will help prevent kidney stones from forming
how to treat kidney stones??is there any self care i can follow at home???i some times get severe pain..pls do post a reply...