How can I prevent gout attacks and dangers associated with it ?

Hi, I am 30 years Old. I am suffering from a swollen toe on my right foot . The doctors have diagnosed it to be Gout . I m surprised and shocked that I have got gout because I have never consumed alcohol and neither have I ate meat anytime. Also, I am not overweight - I weigh 70 kgs and am almost 6 feet tall. Could out be caused just because of lack of exercise? Please help me understand the possible causes of my gout. Also, could you please suggest ways to prevent further gout attacks and other dangers associated with gout.
Asked On : Sun, 29 Apr 2012