How can I persuade my Diabetic Doctor to change my insulin ?

How can I persuade my Diabetic Doctor to change my insulin?
I am on Novorapid and Levimir and I am finding these too erratic. Either there is a very long delay in reducing sugar levels in my blood, and then there is a crash, or other days I am crashing four or five times a day. I have no warning. One minute I can be fine, next minute nearly passing out at 1.4! When I asked the nurse (doctor is rarely there) she just says, well, you might be allergic to animal insulin! I was put on the "human insulin" almost 6 months after my diagnosis and have had trouble with it ever since, but there is nothing "human" about it. Discussed it with pharmasist again and again who says it should not continue like this and that I should talk to GP/Nurse/Consultant, but none will talk about it. I feel like giving up insulin altogether, but having done that in the past I know the consequences! Because I have a very complicated history I cannot change doctors. There are only 3 doctors in the surgery. None of them will discuss it with me. The Diabetic Nurse in the surgery says go to the hospital clinic. The hospital clinic nurse is aggressive, tells me not to come in when I have had an infection - practically all the time - last time I asked about this she turned her back on me. The other one there is equally set on"human insulin". I am so depressed now I want to die. I live in the UK. While appreciate answers from abroad, UK does not have the same systems as other countries and I am at my wits end. I have even said that I am prepared to go to a different hospital miles away though I am disabled. I was told this is not an option. I have just settled into a new flat and am very happy with the area I am living in, just not the flipping medical profession!
Asked On : Sat, 9 Jan 2010