How can I pacify my child at night ?

Dear Doc, My son is 18 months, he is normal and healthy child. During the day he is very active and playful and has sufficient food. The problem starts in the evenings. He has his dinner by 7 pm and he has sufficient food and is active till about 8 pm. And then starts crying, we give him 150 ml milk in his bottle and he drinks all of it and again starts to cry. We then give him 100 ml of water which he drinks and he wants to hold the bottle in the mouth. He then sleeps by himself. However he wakes up around 1 am - 2 am and starts crying. We try giving him water but he keeps crying continuously. He his in his sleep only. Only after giving him another 80 ml of milk he sleeps again till about 6am - 7am. We are worried what could be the problem. Does he get any bad dreams, is he afraid of anything. Please advise, Rakesh
Asked On : Thu, 14 Jul 2011
Hi,rakesh thanks for query.First of all stop this bad habit of bottle feeding.DO NOT GIVE HIM BOTTLE.This can lead to serious health issues and can lead to frequent visit to doctor.Give him milk before retiring to bad and please do not give anything except water after retiring to bad.You can give him some fruit before going to bad.He might have worm infestation which can give rise to abdominal cramps and leads to disturbances in his sleep,please visit your family doctor and get him treated for this.
wishing him good health.
Dear Doc,

Thanks for your advise, We give him Zentel de-worming syrup every 3 months, so i think it could not be worm infection. Its very difficult for him to go to sleep by himself, so we give him bottle-feed without which he just keeps crying, he needs to hold the bottle, which give him satisfaction and he sleeps peacefully. Will try to get rid of the milk bottle habit.

Thanks again for your advise.