How can I overcome the feeling of getting depressed due to heartbreak ?

hi i loved a boy too much he was very rich and i got to know he just play with girl s feeling he dont have internal feeling with girl, he is having a baby girl of 3 years old thats why i got to much attached with him but now he left me aftr making some allegation on me it hurted me lot. i am trying to forget him but not getting out plz help me to forget him. Thanks
Asked On : Mon, 9 Jul 2012
Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases 's  Response
Hello Ruchi,
Welcome to HealthcareMagic forum.
Remember that in this case the best person who can help you is you yourself.
This situation can affect your mind, body and soul in a bad way if you were once madly in love with him.  Try to be with people who really care about you and can understand your emotions. You need to be mentally strong when in this situation.
It's clear that the boy doesn't care for you or your emotions and you definitely have to forget him .
If you can't confide in anyone go ahead and seek professional help as a counsellor or psychologist can be very helpful and provide step by step guidance to you.
You may try the following tips,
(1)  You should not be alone after the break up. Try to be in group of friends who care for you and you will be distracted from his thoughts.
(2)  Other thing that is a must to do is cleaning up all the things which remind you of your past. It includes books, gifts, cards, dresses or anything. Throw all these things away.
(3) make yourself as busy as you can so your mind is never idle to think about him.
Concentrate on your work or hobbies etc.
(4)  You should take care of diet. Some people start eating junk food and some people lose all their appetite. You should take healthy food in these times. In a healthy body only good thoughts can come.
(5) yoga , exercise ,soothing music or other relaxation techniques might prove helpful to balance your mind and body.
Most important of all never forget that you have a beautiful life ahead and trust me time can heal every wound every pain.
Hope I could help you.
Wishing you all the best.