How can I make my son to run and walk ?

hello Doc, I have my son is 22 old months,he does not run as he should do in his age.....I mean he try to do so but fear is in mind tat he will stumble soon.what shud I do in order to make him run fast n as other kids do?please advice me?
Asked On : Fri, 13 May 2011
Hello Prashant,
I think age of 22 month is not too late for your son to walk. Rest of the development should also be noticed. Like weight should be 12 Kg. Height should be 95 cm. Other development such as intellectual, emotional, social etc. After consulting a physician calcium, vitamin can be given.
Pediatrician Dr. Jasbir S Chugh's  Response
Dear Prashant
Surely, as parent you must be concerned. A 22 month old child should be walking on his own without support. I would like to know a few things about his birth history. Was it a full term normal delivery and did he cry immediately? Any complications like seizures, severe jaundice,fever etc. during first 4 weeks?
Also let me know about other mile stones like age at which he started head holding,sitting, crawling, standing. If these were at normal time I would like to think of a muscular-skeletal problem. Consult an orthopedic specialist to rule out any deformity,congenital dislocation of the hips or congenital muscular disorder.
You may send the answer to above queries at my email address:
I shall be quite happy to help you further.
Best of luck.