How can I make my shy child bold ?

My daughter is very shy , she is already 10 years old and in grade 5 can you please give an advice what should I do. Thank you very much Omar mantes
Asked On : Fri, 22 Jul 2011
This is the age when child Through its social interactions, begin to develop a sense of pride in their accomplishments and abilities. Children who are encouraged and commended by parents and teachers develop a feeling of competence and belief in their skills. Those who receive little or no encouragement from parents, teachers, or peers will doubt their ability to be successful. So give her a lot a lot of positive feed back, recognition and rewards for what ever she does. Invole in frequent interactions with her where and make her feel comfortable in sharing whatever she likes to. Dont over burden her with your high expectations and standards and provide her with situations in which she gets opputunities to mingle nad tlak with people.

Try this and if it does not work consult a clinical psychologist to understand if she has nay personality limitations, emotional problems or inferiority complex which prevents her socialization process. You can also get effective remedies

Clinical Psychologist
General & Family Physician Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani's  Response
Hi,thanks for query.In the overall development of child the environment in the family makes a biggest impact.Make her or allow her to express in the family first.You can ignore her minor mistakes and boost her morale through involve her in minor decision so that her confidence increases.Assign her responsibility of something.Ask her friends to interact with her.
This will definitely help.
wishing her good health and bright future.
Hi Sir... As a dad u shud first give da moral support..
first get her join into music and dance classes which 'll improve
her confidence... teach her importance of education and support her
in studies.. by participating in debates,ellecutions,good ranks it boosts her confidence
levels.. Thank u..