How can I make my lip color pink ?

When i was small that time my lips was in pink colour, now it has been changed to brown colour. How to get back my old lip colour. Could you please suggest me a way to change it to normal colour. Could you please explain what would be the reason for colour change
Asked On : Fri, 8 Jul 2011

Welcome to HCM.

You have not mentioned whether you are a male or female.

Most of the time childhood pink colour of the lips gets faded. The pink colour is due to the profuse vascularity of the area and the thinness of the skin covering it. With age the skin becomes thicker and this results in fading of the pink colour.

Smoking also causes the lips to become darker due to increased pigmentation.

If you are female, apply lips stick which is the only remedy available.
Dermatologist Dr. Gaurav Patel's  Response
change in lip color may be due to
-sun light
-nutritional defect
-cosmetic use
u need to find out the cause and try to correct it
drink more water
eat more fruits and green vegs
avoid eating hot ,oily and spicy food
better to apply moisturizer with sunscreen .
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul's  Response
color of the lips is due to blood flow in them. Smoking and certain diseases effect the color of the lips. Avoid smoking , take iron rich diet and specially beet root and pomegranate juice. The conditions in which there is lack of oxygen in blood also causes darker color of lips. Amongst herbal medicines we use iron compounds such as punarnava mandur.