How can I lower my triglyceride levels ?

hello my SGPT is 69 bilirubin total is 1.6 and direct is 0.65 and triglyceride is 219 can I lower this naturally or with medication both...thank you
Asked On : Mon, 19 Mar 2012
Hi there...
You may rule out the possibility of fatty liver as you have slightly raised ALT and bilirubin,triglyceride of 219 is not of too much concern ,avoid junk foods, alcohol,fatty meal get ultrasonography and proceed further.
Dietitian & Nutritionist Neha Chandna's  Response
hello..your levels are not very high so i suggest try reducing it through diet...start brisk walks daily for 1 hour.. eat high fiber foods like salads, whole grains, oats, jowar, brown rice, fruits and nuts.. avoid fried, sweets, refined foods like breads and biscuits, egg yolks and red meat.. avoid saturated fats like butter, margarine.. include olive oil your diet.. drink lot of water.. rest well..