How can I increase my metabolism naturally ?

hello doctor .I am 21 years metabolism is very low.whatever i eat, i gain weight very soon.can i do something to increase my metabolism naturally?
Asked On : Mon, 3 Oct 2011
hi muskaan,
welcome to hcm
thanks for the query
the best thing to increase your body metabolism is frequent small meals approx 5 to 6 meals
do regular exercise of 20 to 30 min. simple walking is very good exercise
take more proteins in diet. you can add egg white daily
take more fruits and green leafy veg
take atleast 4 lit of water per day
take at least 7 to 8 hours of sleep
if possible you can take antioxidant supplements.
take care

General Surgeon Dr. Rajinder Bajoria's  Response
Thanks for nice query.     
Regular exercise with low calorie ,high fiber diets can help you ,please also rule out hypothyroidism
‘Hope I have answered your query, I will be available to answer your follow up queries, “Wish you Good Health and trouble free speedy recovery”
General & Family Physician Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta's  Response
Hello.Welcome.Check for hypothyroidism.Regular physical exercises with regular outdoor physical activity and low calorie balanced diet will increase your metabolism.Good luck.