How can I improve my memory and concentration ?

Hello doctor i am ram charan and i am 18 years old i used to see bluefilms a lot and i masterbate once a week,so i am forgetting every thing.Even small things also i am not able to remember.for example wheather i locked the door i am forgetting in this way i am forgetting even small tjings.I am getting distracted very quickly,if i am opening my book and start studying i am thinking of every bloody thing except my studies,so i am not understanding wats happening with me.So please tell me how should i remember things and how do i concentrate on my studies?please help me doctor.Thank you.
Asked On : Thu, 30 Jun 2011
it is your anxiety that your masterbation is causing your body & mind weak.
this is wrong perception or rather belief of your mind's origin.
there is nothing like that my friend.
the loss of semen doesn't cause any weakness of body or of mind.
Psychiatrist Dr. Keerthish Shetty's  Response
Hello charan, there is nothing wrong with your memory. Your forgetfulness and decreased concentration are due to anxiety, which may be because of the misconception that masturabtion is harmful to our body. Masturbation is completely normal and harmless. Stay away from misleading information from friends and other unrelaible sources. Consult a doctor, who can advise you about the normal sexual activity. If forgetfulness persists, consult a psychiatrist for detailed evaluation.