How can I have better self confidence in myself ? please advice

I want to know how to feel sexier about myself, but i can't because recently a friend of mine died so i have been eating more than usually. I feel horrible and i don't know how to be more confident and move on in my life. I want to feel better about myself and feel good for a change, but how? I want to feel pretty when i go out in public and not being able to judge my body and appearance for who i am. Any help would be really appreciated ! Thanks :) 299 answers and 10 pages! Thanks you guys for all of your answers in helping me find better confidence. I COULD HAVE NEVER DONE IT WITHOUT ALL OF YOU, THANKS SO MUCH! :D
Asked On : Mon, 21 Dec 2009
Ashley - I think this is a BIG problem for a lot of girls. It is hard to feel your best when you are NOT feeling your best! :) I know you don't what to be judged by your appearance so remember what I am saying is for you - not them!! Sometimes little things can make you feel so sexy and pretty!! Sometimes we have to work with what we have! Go out and buy sexy underware. It will make you feel sexy and some what naughty knowing what you are wearing under your regular clothes. Then make a list of all the great things you like about yourself and review them daily and work on believing in them. Smile more. Flirt some - nothing like having someone flirting with you to boost your mood a bit. Also - find positive ways to deal with your stress. Surround yourself with positive people and dress to compliment your body. Treat yourself well and learn how special you are and demand respect from others. Start the changes inside and let them shine through. Good Luck Ashley, and take care of you...