How can I get rid of the frustrating habit of masturbation which makes me feel guilty ?

hi sir i am 21 year old engineering student moving to good carrier life with the blessing of parents but i am very frustrated with my wrong habbit of masterbution and i am suffering know since my 10th standard i was indulged in that forcfully i tried many time to give up but i could not succseed sir i realized because of that i became very weak and i am loosing my memory power and i am very much afraid of my marriage .when my parents talks on the matter of marriage i feel very shame being in very reaputed engineeering institute i dont have confidense to deal with other people because i feel guilty i need your help sir first time i am reavling my self
Asked On : Wed, 13 Jul 2011
Welcome to Healthcare Magic

My dear, masturbation is something which all boys and men do at some point in their lives. There is no side effect or bad habit in masturbation. It is perfectly healthy and fine. It means you have normal good sexual energy. You will not feel weak because of masturbation but maybe because of stress which sometimes makes you masturbate to relieve tension. Control that stress which may be from College, Studies etc. and you will be fine. Do Yoga, Pranayam to release stress. You can be confident once you start loving yourself. There is nothing wrong with you. You are a good, responsible Engineering student who has no reason to be ashamed. Eat healthy fruits and vegetables daily, don;t eat junk food or drink colas as they reduce energy very badly. Drink plenty of water. Get 6-8 hours of sleep daly. Exercise by brisk walking everyday for 40 minutes as this relieves stress a lot. Be cool, be confident and take the world into your hands. GOOD LUCK !!!!
DEAR ENGN..

WELCOME HCM....

FIRST YOU BECOME MENTAL FREE. YOU ARE ABSOLUTE HEALTHY. IMPORTANT THING IS THERE IS NO ANY SIDE EFFECT OF MASTURBATION. SOME TIME IT.S WORK AS MOOD ELEVATOR WHILE YOU RESTLESS. ABOUT YOUR MARRIAGE LIFE GO ON NOT WORRY. DON.T THINK MORE ON YOUR PROBLEM . DIVERT YOUR MIND IN OTHER WAY LIKE MUSIC, GAMES, FRIENDS, WHAT YOU LIKE YOU MORE THAT RELIVE YOUR STREES.
EAT HEALTHY FOR HEALTHY LIFE.
TAKE CARE AND ENJOY LIFE....
Psychiatrist Dr. Keerthish Shetty's  Response
Masturbation is normal and harmless to body if performed only when sexually excited. Do not make it a habit or a means of killing boredom/frustration. Stay away from misleading information from unreliable sources.