How can I get rid of rashes on the face without being addicted to any medicines ?

Hi, I was using momate steroidfor an year as it made my skin look good but then I realised that my skin is dependent on that ointment. I showed it to a derma and she suggested eldercoid and I have been using Eldercoid (a baby steroid) every alternate day for an year. however, I still see that the dependency is still the same if I donot apply eldercoid one night or maximus 2 nights I get the rashes back on my face . You can call them eczema . Kindly suggest something that can help me get rid of the dependency. I dont use too many creams its just the sunscreen in the morning that I apply.
Asked On : Sun, 1 Apr 2012