How can I get rid of penetration phobia ?

How to solve my penetration phobia Im married since 3 months.. still cudnt have intercurse
Asked On : Fri, 24 Feb 2012
welcome to hcm
dear patient
Penetration phobia is usually a psychological phenomenon. Its cause is invariably a deep-rooted psychological fear related to the genitals, mostly due to physical and/or psychological trauma in the earlier years of life or as a learned fear caused by hearing myths about painful penetration during the vulnerable and impressionable growing years. She may or may not be consciously aware of the root cause. Once the root cause is identified through psychoanalysis, the treatment progresses rapidly. No medication can help in this situation. A sex therapist trained in counselling and psychotherapy is better equipped to help you. Many girls carry an apprehension about sexual intercourse and therefore are unable to comfortably respond during the first few experiences of intercourse. This may also happen because her emotional involvement in this relationship is not yet ripe. A woman's sexuality is usually heart oriented. A woman usually gets aroused only when she is emotionally involved with the husband. Don't rush things. Let her relax into this relationship. If things still do not change, then there might be a physical cause. Due to apprehension, the woman involuntarily tightens the muscles of her vagina, making penetration painful and sometimes impossible. If that is what is going on, then a consultation with a sex therapist will help. A tight hymen can also cause this problem. For this, she requires an examination by a gynaecologist.

take care
dr vikas poddar