How can I find out TB in a x-ray ?

sir how to find the tb in the xray
Asked On : Thu, 10 Feb 2011
Are you a medical doctor? Because if you are not, you may not understand unless you undertake a course in medicine which teaches about chest X rays. (I presume you are asking about chest X rays) But if you are a doctor, TB can manifest in any which way on CXR - normal, nodule, mass, collapse, consolidation, cavity, hilar LN enlargement, pleural effusion, pericardial effusion, etc.
General & Family Physician Dr. Jagdish's  Response
Hi Welcome to,

The TB in the X ray presents as cavities in upper loves; this is typical presentation. But sputum test for AFBX3, sputum culture, PPD skin , symptoms all play imp role in diagnosis.

Regards Dr. Jagdish