How can I cure swollen lymph node on inguinal groin area which has turned rubbery and tender ?

I seem to have a swollen lymph node for past 4 weeks in my right inguinal groin area. Seems to be rubbery and slightly tender and about a half inch in length. My doc put me on antibiotics two weeks ago but no change. It seems to stay the same size and cause some pain up my lower back and leg. He told me to wait three-four weeks as my blood work came back completely normal(except for raised eosinophils, I have bad allergies ). The only things prior to the swell would be a couple of weeks prior I had a small patch of fungal infection in the near inguinal area(cured with cream) and also a flu that made me quite weak for a couple of weeks. I feel fine now, but gland is still swollen. Kind of worried about lymphoma. No other glands swollen, no fevers or night sweats. Any thoughts are appreciated?
Asked On : Thu, 29 Mar 2012