How can I cure my depression which makes me feel worthless ?

Hi, Age:27 years. Medical History: None Last 2 years i have been facing this strange problem, feeling stressed, almost always never happy whatsoever. Very hard to concentrate on work, facing absent mindedness and loss of memory (forgetting even simple things). Not able to get out of bed, feeling like i am worthless and being in this world is only causing more and more problems for others. Thoughts of suicide has come few times but somehow managed to get out of it. Have extreme emotions which change continously, very easily influenced by others and its very hard for me to take decisions. Become sentimental very quickly, and take tension and have anxiety in for very small things- at times not even able to sleep. Dont like my job at all and dont have confidence to find another one which is suitable for me. At times get very angry and go out of control. Get afraid of darkness. I eat a lot when depressed and have become over-weight. I am not able to believe in myself, have become very inactive socially, stopped talking and expressing & also losing friends. I feel very down in darkness and hence avoid it. I have tried to gain a lot of knowledge of depression from internet and tried to fix myself but nothing works for me. I know something is wrong with me and I need help, but dont know where to go. Thought of going to a psycatrist but dont know what I would go and say to him/her and not having the courage as well. Please assist.
Asked On : Sat, 23 Apr 2011