How can I convince my mom that I need to go to the gynecologist ?

How can I convince my mom that I need to go to the gynecologist? I m 18 years old and I got my first yeast infection alittle more than a month ago, but when I told my mom (so she could help me because I have no clue what I m doing) she refused to let me go to the gyno, and bought me OTC treatment instead. (something along the lines of Monistat) I thought it had worked, but my symptoms are back this month, and have been for about a week. I m scared it will turn into something worse. How can i convince her that I NEED to go get this checked out by a doctor? Symptoms include: itching irritation/uncomfortable thick white discharge
Asked On : Mon, 21 Dec 2009