How can I control excessive hair fall ?

i am 21 yrs old i am losing my hair what should i do i visited many doctors but no use
Asked On : Fri, 24 Feb 2012
Hello Mannu Rajesh,
Thanks for posting your query. There could be many reasons for the hair loss you are experiencing. The main reasons could be infection in the scalp or a nutritional deficiency. If the loss is in specific areas and you have noticed grayish or silvery white flakes dropping when you comb your hair it indicates dandruff. If there are flaky circular or oval patches on the scalp this could indicate ringworm infection. Both these conditions can lead to hair fall. You can use a medicated shampoo like Selsun or Nizoral antidandruff shampoo. If there are ringworm patches, you can apply Surfaz SN cream thrice a day over the affected area.
Take nutritious diet with plenty of greens. Another important cause for hair fall in men is genetic. Premature balding may run in the family.
Hope I have helped you.
Dr. Lavinia
Dermatologist Dr. Jangid's  Response
Hello manu,
Basically the hair fall is a reflection of any internal or skin disease. the common cause of jair fall is dandruff (P. capitis), locatized infection, anaemia, drugs, hypothyroidism, after pregnancy and after any illness.
so the best way to get rid of is to rule out these causes. treatment of the cause with suppliments like Tab. Biotin, Tab. Iron, minoxidil lotion, caffeen lotion with proper conditioners and care.
it takes few months.
hope this wll help u